pumps teaches the essentials about pumps!
Over 60 pumps are animated and explained! Many exciting new pumps have been
added for the current version! Who needs to know anything about pumps? You do!
- Mechanical pumps are the second most common machine in the world, after
- Most people are totally unfamiliar with how pumps work!
- Your car probably has half a dozen or more different kinds of pumps in it!
Would you know the principals if you had to diagnose a problem?
- This program illustrates over 60 different pumps, with historical background
and real-world examples of pump technology in action.
- ALL ABOUT PUMPS is great for school, home, personal use! Technical Colleges
High School Physics Classes College Hydraulics Courses Agricultural Courses
This is a still representation
of a fully animated pump
These are the sections of ALL ABOUT PUMPS. There is also a complete glossary
of all the individual pumps.
- WHERE PUMPS ARE USED Residential Applications, Industrial Applications,
Agricultural Applications, Scientific and Medical Applications, Boating Applications
EXTRA: A Visit to the CV-64 Constellation
- HOW PUMPS WORK Basic Physics Principles, Properties of Liquids, Viscosity,
Pump Materials, Priming The Pump, Hydraulic Accumulators
- TYPES OF PUMPS Centrifugal Pumps, Rotary Pumps, Reciprocating Pumps, Force
Pumps, Suction Pumps, Seals or No Seals?, Some Unique Pumps
- MEASURING PUMP PERFORMANCE Flow Rate, Head, Suction Requirements, Maintenance
Requirements, Starting Effort EXTRA: THE A.D. Edmonston Pumping, Plant/Slide
- THE RIGHT PUMP FOR THE JOB Big Jobs, Little Jobs, Submersible Pumps, Parallel
Pumps, Serial Pumps, Sterile Pumps
- HISTORICAL BACKGROUND & SOME FAMOUS PUMPS Archimedes Screw, Ctesibian Pump,
Tympanum Drum, The Dutch Pumps, Some Famous Pumps, Extra: Henry R. Worthington
- THE MOST AMAZING PUMP OF ALL: Your Own Heart
here to go back to Mechanical Main Menu.
to Request Form for Brochures, Latest Prices and Demo Disks