The advanced placement biology curriculum is designed specifically for American
undergraduate biology, however all biology students can benefit from their core
topic coverage and flexibe easy to use design. Although not intended to take
the place of actual lab invesitigations, these CD-Roms can serve as a pre-lab
preparation tool, an in lab reference aid, or a post-lab review exercise.
Every program includes the following seven sections:
- Introduction: extensive backgroound information regarding the topic
covered as well as an on-line encyclopaedia offering access to to definitions,
illustrations, photos animation and movie clips.
- Learning objectives: a detailed overview of the lesson's goals.
- Time requirements: a realistic estimate of the amount of time necessary
to actually perform the lab activities
- Safety: a comprehensive overview of chemical and biological safety
information for every investigation.
- Experiments: a compilation of all experimental procedures required
to complete each lab, including pre-lab preparation and a list of materials.
Specifc video clips with audio narration show students in detail how to correctly
perform each step of the investigation. An analysis section presents
questions pertinent to the concepts studied.
- Further investigations: a sequence of complementary investigations
that students can complete to reinforce their knowledge and understanding
of the concepts studied.
- Related Support Materials: a supplemental list of materials to further
students learning on these topics.
The following 12 CD-ROM's can be purchased separately:
- Osmosis and Diffusion
- Enzyme Catalysis
- Mitosis and Meiosis
- Plant Pigments
- Cell Respiration
- Molecular Biology
- Genetics of Drosophila
- Population Genetics and Evolution
- Transpiration CD-ROM
- Animal Behaviot: Habitat Selection
- Physiology of the Circulatory System
- Dissolved Oxygen and the Aquatic Primary Productivity
to Biology Main
to Request Form for Brochures, Latest Prices and Demo Disks